READING, Pa. - The visiting Arcadia Knights mens and women's basketball teams got the best of Alvernia on the hardwood Wednesday night.
The mens game filled with plenty of drama in the final minute, both teams swapping quick threes to tie the game up at 72. Arcadia would get a last second lay-up to give the Knights the 74-72 win.
In the women's game, both teams were knotted up at 30 apiece after the first half. Arcadia would go on a run at the end of the third quarter and break the tie en route to their 60-48 win.
- Humidity: 69%
- Cloud Coverage:99%
- Wind: 5 mph
- UV Index: 1 Low
- Sunrise: 07:22:06 AM
- Sunset: 05:02:32 PM
Snow mixing with and changing to ice and rain. Accum. 2-4
A few rain and snow showers; otherwise, cloudy and breezy.
Windy and cold with clouds and some sun; perhaps a flurry or snow shower, especially N W.
- Tour at 4: Fun things to do in Bucks
- US agency examining Tesla unintended acceleration complaint
- Officials plan to upgrade the Monroe County Courthouse
- High school students celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. in Allentown
- Allentown Art Museum to showcase creative history of Bucks County print maker
- How Martin Guitars is honoring some of country music's biggest stars
- Berks Catholic ice hockey to retire Anthony Myers' number
- Health Beat: Walking tall with advanced prosthetics
- Customers in Lehigh Valley buying last-minute supplies as they prepare for snow
- Prohibition: How 'going dry' affected our region in the 1920s
- Accumulating snow to a wintry mix Saturday with some windswept flurries to follow on Sunday
- U.S. Marshals arrest Whitehall Township man charged in Monroe County double homicide
- Groom accused of sexual assault at reception gets probation
- Crash closes portion of Applebutter Road in Bethlehem, pole and wires down
- Storm to bring snow, wintry mix to the area Saturday
- Chick-fil-A to open with offer of free food for a year
- Berks Catholic player Anthony Myers, who lost battle with cancer, has his jersey retired
- Police say woman drove into oncoming car as test of faith
- Police in Lehigh County searching for missing teen
- Berks County man pleads 'no contest' in death of infant son