READING, Pa. - The Reading Royals released on Monday their home schedule for the 2020-21 season. The next campaign is set to be the 20th anniversary season for the Philadelphia Flyers' ECHL affiliate.
The slate features 36 regular season contests on home ice at the Santander Arena. The home opener is set for Oct. 17 at 6 p.m., which is a new Saturday start time for home games, an emphasis for the club.
"We've added new Saturday start times at 4 p.m. and 6 p.m. to ensure families with children will enjoy a fun day at Santander Arena," David Farrar, the Royals' general manager, said Monday. "Our staff continues to work to provide the best game-day experience in the ECHL. In the coming weeks, we look forward to rolling out some of our top promotional nights."
The Royals are scheduled to have 11 games on Saturdays in Reading. Six of those games are set to start at 6 p.m., with the puck set to drop at 4 p.m. for the five others.
Sunday's start times were pushed up as well from seasons past. The new start time for Sunday home contests is 3 p.m.
The majority of the club's home games will be on the weekends, with these new start times. Thirty of the team's 36 games at Santander Arena next season will be played on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.
The Royals' two Education Day games next season are set for Nov. 18 and Jan. 26. The start times for both contests is 10:30 a.m.
According to team officials, the average attendance increased last season compared to years past. That has left a positive impact on the team.
"Our crowds last season created one of the best home-ice advantages in the ECHL," said Kirk MacDonald, the Royals' head coach. "We've started preparing for 2020-21 and look forward to playing off the energy our fans bring to games at Santander Arena."
The Reading Royals enjoyed a successful 2019-20 season before it was suspended and subsequently canceled over concerns surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. Play was stopped in March, just days after the Royals clinched a spot in the playoffs.
Reading Royals 2020-21 season home schedule
- Sat., Oct. 17 vs. Norfolk, 6 p.m.
- Fri., Oct. 30 vs. Adirondack, 7 p.m.
- Fri., Nov. 6 vs. Newfoundland, 7 p.m.
- Sat., Nov. 7 vs. Newfoundland, 6 p.m.
- Sun., Nov. 8 vs. Newfoundland, 3 p.m.
- Wed., Nov. 18 vs. Adirondack, 10:30 a.m. (Education Day)
- Fri., Nov. 20 vs. Maine, 7 p.m.
- Sat., Nov. 21 vs. Maine, 6 p.m.
- Sun., Nov. 22 vs. Maine, 3 p.m.
- Fri., Dec. 4 vs. Worcester, 7 p.m.
- Sat., Dec. 5 vs. Kalamazoo, 4 p.m.
- Sun., Dec. 6 vs. Kalamazoo, 3 p.m.
- Fri., Dec. 18 vs. Wheeling, 7 p.m.
- Sat., Dec. 19 vs. Wheeling, 4 p.m.
- Wed., Jan. 6 vs. Worcester, 7 p.m.
- Sat., Jan. 9 vs. Maine, 6 p.m.
- Sun., Jan. 10 vs. Maine, 3 p.m.
- Fri., Jan. 22 vs. Adirondack, 7 p.m.
- Sat., Jan. 23 vs. Worcester, 6 p.m.
- Tues., Jan. 26 vs. Newfoundland, 10:30 a.m. (Education Day)
- Fri., Jan. 29 vs. Brampton, 7 p.m.
- Fri., Feb. 5 vs. Brampton, 7 p.m.
- Tues., Feb. 9 vs. Adirondack, 7 p.m.
- Fri., Feb. 12 vs. Adirondack, 7 p.m.
- Sat., Feb. 20 vs. Newfoundland, 6 p.m.
- Sun., Feb. 21 vs. Newfoundland, 3 p.m.
- Fri., Feb. 26 vs. Adirondack, 7 p.m.
- Wed., Mar. 10 vs. Maine, 7 p.m.
- Sat., Mar. 13 vs. Atlanta, 4 p.m.
- Fri., Mar. 19 vs. Brampton, 7 p.m.
- Sat., Mar. 20 vs. Brampton, 4 p.m.
- Sun., Mar. 21 vs. Brampton, 3 p.m.
- Wed., Mar. 24 vs. Worcester, 7 p.m.
- Fri., Apr. 9 vs. Norfolk, 7 p.m.
- Sat., Apr. 10 vs. Norfolk, 4 p.m.
- Sun., Apr. 11 vs. Adirondack, 3 p.m.