As featured on
For months, health experts have cautioned that obese patients are more likely to be hospitalized and need mechanical ventilation if they contract COVID-19, and experts said they are 50% more likely to die from the virus. Now, prior bariatric surgery may reduce the severity of COVID-19 symptoms, according to researchers.
- Humidity: 88%
- Cloud Coverage:26%
- Wind: 0 mph
- UV Index: 9 Very High
- Sunrise: 05:32:22 AM
- Sunset: 08:36:31 PM
Sunny and comfortable; a perfect day!
Clear to partly cloudy.
Partly sunny skies and still comfortable for one final day; more clouds and a shower possible towards the shore.
- Arrest made in Bethlehem shooting investigation
- Amber alert issued for missing baby in Reading
- Department of Education visits local middle school to help distribute meals to students
- Legislation passes clarifying authority of Pa. Secretary of Health
- Pennsylvania Senate votes for common sense voter ID legislation
- Rep. McNeill asks lawmakers to make mental health a top priority
- State senators debate on where to spend budget surplus
- Health Beat: CORI: New type of robotic surgery gives Susan a better knee
- Adaptive bikes are helping disabled children ride
- Massive heat waves strike the West Coast